Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where is "Home" ?

Sipping a mug of hot chocolate, im wondering "Where is home"? Almost 3 years since i was uprooted from , BANGALORE, the place i called "home", where i was born and surrounded my people i have known since my birth and people who have come to be known during my stay there.
Almost like a new birth, i moved to a new destination with a new person( relatively new ,coz i knew my hubby well through our phone and internet chats. I had met him only a couple of times in the whole year we knew each other). Me being a bit of an introvert, the new people and surroundings had me in knots for days. The days of summer ,i was adjusting to things was a little difficult. I was almost terrified of the tag of "married". Most days i cried to my mom on the phone wanting to return. While hubby was understanding enough of my plight to send me "home" in bangalore for a few days, but mom was stren i stay and adjust there and both of us can come home during diwali.It was big blow to me.Though my mom had the right intentions, at that point i felt unwanted by my own family.
Hubby realised what had happened.He got me a laptop and i was constantly online most days.The other days i made Barnes & Nobles my home. Soon i had got accustomed to the place and people.Hubby's friends and their spouses became my friends. It was like my own family who doubled as friends.
All around people were busy buying homes and settling down. Well its natural i want a home to call my own.I had plans of decorating things in an Oriental way.I made a note of things available and what all could make my house a "home". Suddenly, hubby says, we are going back to india in a year. So no more buying extra furnitures or other things which cannot be taken back. Thus came my dreams crashing. Now where is "home"? Out here, where i have carved a small world of my own with hubby and little one or the one which was given to me by my parents. Yea, true Home is where the heart is but i wonder where my heart is.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home